The update includes all the expected Oreo features like picture-in-picture mode, improved notifications and instant apps, and comes in at about 1.8 GB. Meanwhile, LlabTooFeR also threw out speculation that the European HTC 10 would get Oreo within the next 3-5 weeks.
As for individual carrier updates, these should follow in the coming weeks, but note that there was more than a two-month gap between T-Mobile and Verizon updates last year, so you could be waiting some time.
Welcome to the HTC 10 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest HTC 10 update information, but it won’t include general security patches.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
HTC 10 Android Oreo update
The HTC 10 began to receive Android Nougat back in November, making HTC one of the first manufacturers to roll it out. Though the device isn’t the company priority that it was last year, HTC has done a good job at getting the Oreo rollout started in January—it’s beat some other manufacturer’s who are yet to get it to their current flagships.
Reports came in on January 11 that the Oreo update was hitting unlocked devices, but we’re still waiting to hear about carrier-branded handsets. More soon.
HTC 10 Update US
|HTC 10 update – US||Android 6.0.1||Android 7.0||Android 8.0|
T-Mobile HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- January 7, 2017, T-Mobile issues the HTC 10 Android Nougat update to its customers.
Sprint HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- February 20, 2017, Sprint starts rolling out the final Nougat build to the HTC 10. It includes the latest security patches and network performance improvements.
Verizon HTC 10 update (2PS6500):
- March 30, 2017, Verizon has begun rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat to HTC 10 devices on its network.
- March 29, 2017, HTC Vice President of Product Management Mo Versi announces that the Android Nougat OTA for HTC 10 owners on Verizon will begin on March 30.
- December 29, 2016, Verizon rolls out latest HTC 10 security patches, Nougat still to arrive.
International HTC 10 update (2PS6200):
- February 23, 2017, Android Nougat confirmed in India on HTC 10.
- February 7, 2017, update starts again in mainland Europe.
- January 26, 2017, Nougat rolls out in Russia, Middle East and Turkey, but is delayed in Europe following technical issues.
- January 24, 2017, Android Nougat hits the UK, the rest of Europe to follow soon after.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!